We may be able to help you with information, practical support or advice if you are:
- An asylum seeker
- A refugee
- Someone with a refugee background (you may have become a British Citizen now for example)
- Someone with limited leave to remain following an unsuccessful asylum claim
- Someone who had their asylum claim refused and are in an appeal process or may be undocumented
- Someone who believes they may have grounds to claim asylum
- Someone who has made or is thinking about making an immigration application based on their human rights or family life
- An undocumented migrant from outside the EU that wants help to get back in the system
- A relative or friend of any of the above
- (Unfortunately we are not able to help with applications or enquiries from EU nationals and their family members).
General information and support
Our drop-in service can help with a wide range of issues, including filling in forms, making phone calls, general questions about life in the UK and making contact with other organisations and service providers. We can also provide some financial assistance if you are destitute. If your enquiry is complex we can give you an appointment to see one of our accredited immigration advisers and they will examine your case in more detail. If we can’t help directly we will always try and find the most appropriate organisation to refer you to.
Our drop-in is open between 2pm and 4pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays in our office in the Exeter Community Centre. Please come in for a chat with our friendly staff and volunteers!
Advice on Immigration, Asylum and Protection issues
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) Registration no N201800009
We can help with a range of regulated immigration advice and home office applications, including applications for exceptional case funding for legal aid and referral to higher level immigration advisors or solicitors.
Our immigration advice service is only available via an appointment, so please call into our drop-in or contact us to make an initial enquiry.
We are sorry but we are unable to offer immigration advice to EU nationals or their family.
And much more besides!
- For a full list of our services please click here.
- For information about volunteering with RSD please click here.
- If you would like to make a donation to RSD please click here.
- If you are interested in a corporate partnership with RSD please click here.
- For all other questions please contact us.